LECTURES: The History of the Book and Cultural History, History of Art, Classics, Economics, Manuscript studies, Theology, and Law, The Seminar in History of the Book, 2017, Weston Library, Visiting Scholars’ Centre (Level 2), Broad Street, Oxford OX1, Fridays at 2.15. Convenor: Cristina Dondi (Lincoln College and 15cBOOKTRADE).
20 January 2017 (Week 1)
* Professor Ian Maclean (All Souls College, Oxford), The Italian Trade with the Frankfurt Book Fair around 1600.
27 January 2017 (Week 2)
* Dr Louis-Gabriel Bonicoli (Paris), Parisian Early Printed Book Illustration (around 1500).
3 February 2017 (Week 3)
* Professor Stephen Oakley (Faculty of Classics, Cambridge University), Incunabular Stemmatics.
10 February 2017 (Week 4)
* Dr Jeremiah Dittmar (Department of Economics, London School of Economics), The Price of Books in Early Modern Europe: An Economic Perspective.
24 February 2017 (Week 6)
* Dr David Speranzi (Firenze, Istituto Nazionale di Studi sul Rinascimento), Greek Script and Type in the Fifteenth century. Demetrius Damilas between Milan and Florence.
3 March 2017 (Week 7)
* Dr Paul Needham (Scheide Library, Princeton University Library), The Gutenberg Bible in the Context of Fifteenth-Century Manuscript Bibles.
10 March 2017 (Week 8)
* Professor Rodolfo Savelli (Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, Università di Genova), Printing the Corpus iuris civilis in the Sixteenth Century.